Volunteering is a valuable experience and we invite you to become part of our CILC community!
We are a small-not-for-profit, volunteer-based organization and since 1970 have been grateful for the generous support of volunteers who give their gift of time. If you would like to build your skill-set or have skills in the following areas below, please contact us by email or by phone at 905-529-8813. Kindly note that we require our volunteers to submit a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Reference Check.
- Acquire new skills & build on your current skill-set
- Try and learn something new
- Get community hours / reference letter
- Be involved in the community by giving your gift of time
Areas of Interest:
- Assistant Curator/Collections Management
- Clerical Assistance
- Display Designer
- Programme Facilitator
- Research and Grant Writing
- Bylaws and Policies – Help to keep current bylaws and policies updated
- Finance - Help with grant-writing, help prepare yearly budget, and other duties
- Fundraising – Raise funds for the CILC as a not-for-profit; think creatively about how to generate income for the CILC
- P.R./ Marketing – Think creatively about how to raise the profile of the CILC in the community
- Programme – Develop new and innovative programmes
- Strategy/Visioning – Help plan for the CILC future
- Volunteer – Help plan events to show our CILC volunteers how much we appreciate them!